Pages

Welcome

Henry Pacheco here. Originally from the Bay Area, Milpitas and moved to Los Angeles in 2002 to attend UCLA. Graduated from UCLA in 2004 and have been living in Los Angeles since. This blog is intended to share the city of Los Angeles and all it has to offer from hiking trails, movie premiers and film festivals, art galleries, restaurants, bars, and social living. Enjoy.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

500 Days of Summer

Just watched this movie with my cousin Kris. The movie was filmed throughout Downtown Los Angeles and even included the UCLA Marching Band in one scene. First off, thanks to Netfix for the DVD being scratched and us having to skip over one of the most dramatic scenes of the movie. I got it later when I found out Summer got married. Didn't think the movie was going to end the way it did, because I think I had put myself in Tom's shoes, hoping that my expectations of my last relationship would work in my favor as well as his. To this day my expectations haven't and I have learned to accept it. The way I ended my last serious relationship has been the biggest mistake of my life and I regret it in every way even to this day.  I can sit here and write about everything I could have done differently and what I should have done to make things better but I didn't and I can't dwell on the past. I can only look forward and learn from my mistakes. One concept that I took away from this movie was the meaning of coincidence, a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time, apparently by mere chance. If coincidence brings us back together one day then so be it, if it doesn't then so be it. Tom, I feel your pain buddy. I hope you found comfort in Autumn. Next movie in my queue...Fight Club, perfect movie for this season in my life. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment