Pages

Welcome

Henry Pacheco here. Originally from the Bay Area, Milpitas and moved to Los Angeles in 2002 to attend UCLA. Graduated from UCLA in 2004 and have been living in Los Angeles since. This blog is intended to share the city of Los Angeles and all it has to offer from hiking trails, movie premiers and film festivals, art galleries, restaurants, bars, and social living. Enjoy.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

LA FURIA ROJA

What a busy weekend, filled with birthday dinners, meetings, Disneyland, and a World Cup victory by Spain. Congratulations to the national team and the country of Spain. Although I wish I could have watched more of the world cup, this has been one of the craziest months of my life. This weekend was no exception. I met up with Dario Friday night for dinner at Father's Office: www.fathersoffice.com, there are two locations, one in Culver City and the other in Santa Monica. Beer and Wine on tap and one of the best burgers on the Westside. Their signature FO burger (with no substitutions) and their sweet potato fries are the best way to end a crazy week. After dinner Dario and I went to Pink Taco: www.pinktaco.com in Century City to have drinks for our friend Frosty's birthday. We ordered two pitchers of Sangria, red and white. I usually don't like white sangria, but this was an exception (it was actually better than the red) Ah what to say about Pink Taco... I never wanted to bad mouth a restaurant on my blog, but this restaurant is just about the trendy location. The food and drinks are way over priced and not that good. If you want to have an expensive drink and just appetizers while over looking the Santa Monica Blvd strip on a nice summer evening, this is the place for you. It's so trendy, you may even see a celebrity in the mix. Saturday I went to Disneyland with a few friends. I'm not going to be working for the Mouse after next week, so might as well go as much as I can, even tough I never went. The World of Color show was ok, I'm glad I didn't want for hours for that show. It's like Fantasmic but on a broader scale. Would have rather of watched the fire works show. Next week my parents are coming just the two of them and I am going to take them to Disneyland. This weekend my dear friend Maria Aldana is coming so I can let her and her family into Disneyland. It's fitting that when I started my job here at Disney, I lived with Maria and she really helped me get on my feet and she is going to be with me my last weekend at Disney. It's funny how this instance worked out. I'm going to wrap up this entry with another Congrats to Espana for winning the world cup, my predictions for 2014: Argentina!






No comments:

Post a Comment